Our client is currently looking for a permanent, highly motivated, full-time Windows DevOps Engineer for their NYC office. This individual will help maintain an infrastructure monitoring platform, as well as implement new monitoring rules to solve problems at scale. The Windows DevOps Engineer should be able to produce and maintain production-level PowerShell scripts, modules, and tools that enable functionality for all facets of the business; continuing the transformation of day-to-day operations with automation. Additionally, this individual should have a firm grasp on DevOps principles, the culture movement, and be able to assess and implement tools and solutions to solve business problems. This position offers an excellent opportunity for someone to gain exposure to best-of-breed technologies, as well become an integral part of a dynamic, growth-oriented environment. Our client offers a competitive salary (base + bonus), medical benefits, 401K plan, and enormous growth potential.
- Ability to develop complex PowerShell scripts from scratch, develop PowerShell Advanced Functions, develop PowerShell Modules, debug and QA existing code and refactor as necessary.
- As primary responsibility, you will have to develop PowerShell code in order to automate the processes of the company, test and apply it at scale.
- Advanced logging, commenting and documenting of every developed solution is required.
- Work with PowerShell and different Web APIs (RESTful API).
- Develop PowerShell based tools for the 1st and 2nd level of support.
- Utilize Solarwinds MSP (formerly N-Central) remote monitoring platform, to orchestrate, deploy and execute scripts on client devices via automation policies.
- Work closely with desktop, systems, and networking teams on system maintenance and projects.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with little direction in a team setting.
- Hands-on programming skills in any programming language are a plus.
- An understanding of DevOps methodologies with a track record of successful, hands-on implementation.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills with a self-starter attitude.
- 3+ years writing production level PowerShell scripts and modules.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Server Administration.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 7, 8, and 10.
- Excellent oral, writing, and presentation skills mandatory.
- Ability to discuss ideas conceptually and deliver proof of concepts for review.
- Ability to work both independently, as well as part of a team.
- Linux experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science a plus.