Our client is currently looking for a permanent, highly motivated, full-time Windows DevOps Engineer for their NYC office. This individual will be helping to maintain an infrastructure monitoring platform, as well as implement new monitoring rules to solve problems at scale. The Windows DevOps Engineer should be able to produce and maintain production-level PowerShell scripts, modules, and tools that enable functionality for all facets of the business; continuing the transformation of day-to-day operations with automation. Additionally, this individual should have a firm grasp on DevOps principles, the culture movement, and be able to assess and implement tools and solutions to solve business problems. This position offers an excellent opportunity for someone to gain exposure to best-of-breed technologies, as well as get established in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment. The company offers a competitive salary (base + bonus), medical benefits, 401K plan, and enormous growth potential.
- Build, maintain, and improve monitoring platform (Solarwinds N-central).
- Maintain and implement top-level device configuration management rules in N-central.
- Apply DevOps principles to the day-to-day operations of a leading Managed Service Provider.
- Convert inefficient organizational processes into robust automated processes.
- Constant improvement of automated processes through iterative design.
- Architect organizational workflows to streamline work across multiple teams.
- Work closely with desktop, systems, and networking teams on system maintenance and projects.
- Participate in a rotating on-call after hours/weekend schedule.
- An understanding of DevOps methodologies with a track record of successful, hands-on implementation.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills with a self-started attitude.
- 3+ years writing production level PowerShell scripts and modules.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Server Administration.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 7, 8, and 10.
- Excellent oral, writing, and presentation skills mandatory.
- Ability to discuss ideas conceptually and deliver proof of concepts for review.
- Ability to work both independently, as well as part of a team.
- Linux experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science a plus.